In both cases, the easiest thing to do would probably to put an interceptor early in the FaultOut chain that pulls the Fault/ Exception out of the chain and replaces it with a SoapFault that you've built up with your needed codes and such.

In the second case, you could subclass our invoker (JAXWSMethodInvoker if using jaxws) and overwride the createFault method to do whatever you need.

Dan