Yeah that was the first thing I tried but I keep getting ClassCastException
whenever I try to downcast an object from the list to either ObjectOne or
ObjectTwo. I now also tried to use @XmlSeeAlso in the BaseObject but that
made no difference (@XmlSeeAlso(value = { ObjectOne.class, ObjectTwo.class
}))

If I use List<Object> I also get an exception:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl

Ronald