John Baker wrote:
Of course, that's just the prefixes..

Perhaps I should ask if anyone has any experience with products written around Axis1 WSDL that failed when using CXF?

One thing I do note is that if I set use=Use.ENCODED, the WDSL generated by CXF produces use="literal". Why is this?

Cxf doesn't support rpc/encoded, which is quite old style and not supported by jax-ws.
john