I've been thinking about it for the following JAXRS-related issue be resolved
:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2321

However, as far as the CXF JAXRS is concerned there's a number of ways to
indicate to the remote endpoint which HTTP verb has actually to be used so
it's not a showstopper.

IMHO, it could be worthwhile investigating the option of providing an Apache
HTTPClient - based  HttpConduit implementation, with a provided scope, such
that a user does not have to code directly against Apache HTTPClient but
through HttpConduit interface only...It can be quite a big effort though...

cheers, Sergey