This isn't an Aegis issue I don't think.

First off, can you try 2.2.4?   There are a couple MTOM bugs fixed in 2.2.4,
mostly around streaming, but it's possible it affects this.

Next, any chance you can wireshark the transfers for both 2.2.4 and 2.1.3?
I'd like to see what the differences are.   I don't need the whole attachment.

Just the soap message (to see the mtom element) and the headers for the
attachment parts.

Looking at it, I THINK it might have something to do with the special chars
in:
urn%3Acws%3Aasset
(the %3A things)
At one point, we were not properly encoding them which caused interop
problems.  I'm willing to be 2.1.3 probably has them as urn:cws:asset or
similar.   XFire might not be decoding the cid properly.

Thanks!
Dan

--
Daniel Kulp