Hi,

Just a pair of questions, is the message subject the exception message encountered? And, is the MessageBodyWriter intentionally marked as List while the method response is Collection? I think making it the other way around should set it straight.

Gabo

rconline wrote:
Hi Guys,
Read all the posts on the thread. Maybe my question is stupid or maybe i
dont get the problem at all.

Here' my web service

        @WebMethod
        @GET
        @Produces("application/json")
        @Path("/summaryList/")
        Collection<PublisherReport> getSummaryList(String test);

I want the method should return a list of json objects. The Object
PublisherReport contains primitive/equiv object as member variables.

Do i need to write a messagewriter as
public class ListWriter implements MessageBodyWriter<List<PublisherReport>>
{...
}

Or am i not getting the problem at all?