Hi Alexander,

Yes, at the moment the discovery implementation relies on the
objectClass being set. The reasoning behind this relates to
scalability. If you have a large distributed discovery system you
probably don't want to select all the available remote services in the
system, as that could bring in a huge amount of remote services. Since
objectClass is typically known to the consumer we added this as a
criterium.

However, I do see that this can be useful in smaller systems. So I
agree that it would be worth enhancing the implementation to support
your use case (feel free to file a JIRA :)

Just a note, you may have seen this message:
http://old.nabble.com/Migrating-CXF-DOSGi-to-be-complaint-with-the-new-OSGi-Remote-Service--Admin-spec-td26645023.html

We're currently in the process of refactoring the CXF-DOSGi
implementation to be compliant with the new Remote Service Admin spec.
I think it would be good to look at your enhancement request after
that refactoring is complete.

Best regards,

David