Is it possible to have CXF reject messages with a Fault automatically for
endpoints that require Addressing where the request is either missing them
altogether or missing certain required fields (i.e. missing messageID when
ReplyTo is present)?

Currently if a client sends a request without MAPs it ignores that fact and
processes as normal (all i get are warnings in my console) or if there are
missing elements (i.e. messageID), it eventually faults out on a null
pointer exception when anything tries to process these non-existent
addressing properties.. it seems like CXF should recognize before then that
certain properties (or all) are missing and fault out before continuing.

I have the following defined in my WSDL:binding
                <wsaw:UsingAddressing wsdl:required="true" />

and also have the following within my spring endpoint configuration:
                 <jaxws:features>
                        <wsa:addressing/>
                </jaxws:features>

Is there a way to do this in CXF and I'm maybe missing something or is this
the expected behaviour?

Thanks,
Rebecca