Dan,

you are right. there is a setting in the WSSConfig obj to allow accepting
out of spec password. however, WSS4JInInterceptor did not set WSSConfig
before this call:

wsResult = getSecurityEngine().processSecurityHeader(...)

therefore, the securityEngine simply get the default WSSConfig, the setting
does not take effect. i think the correct way should be:

getSecurityEngine().setWssConfig(reqData.getWssConfig());
wsResult = getSecurityEngine().processSecurityHeader(...)

am i right?