1) The wsdl_first example contains a cxf-servlet.xml and
server-applicationContext.xml, while the cxf-jaxws-javafirst archetype
creates a project with a beans.xml and web.xml file.  Is it an either or
approach?  If you pair a Spring applicationContext.xml with a
cxf-servlet.xml, then do you not need a web.xml?  I read the following:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/configuration.html
And it just suggested possibly some performance differences, but I didn't
see anything significant to explain the differences between the two
projects.

2) If I have multiple wars (cxf services) running on my App Server, do I
need to change any of the configuration files in the individual wars to
handle this?

Thanks for your help,

Jay