Hi all,

Is it possible to have a jaxws:client use the failover strategy immediately, without providing an address on the client itself?
I have this:
  <jaxws:client id="testServiceClient"
serviceClass="com.groupgti.wsdl.testservices.TestServicesPortType"

    <jaxws:features>
      <clustering:failover>
        <clustering:strategy>
          <bean class="spudsoft.cxfutilities.RoundRobinDnsFailoverStrategy" >
<property name="baseUrl" value="http://round-robin:8080/TestServices-1.0-SNAPSHOT/TestServices"; />
          </bean>
        </clustering:strategy>
      </clustering:failover>
    </jaxws:features>
  </jaxws:client>

And it works, but it generates an ugly message when it fails because there is no address specified.

The RoundRobinDnsFailoverStrategy parses the URL (using java.net.URL), extracts the host part, performs a DNS lookup on that and then uses that to initialize its list of endpoints (which it gives out at random). I don't think there is any way to do the handling of URLs from round robin DNS lookups in CXF, would you like me to make it available? (it's very simple).

Jim