Hi

IMHO we really should not force users into trying to achieve everything via
existing DOSGI concepts, such as intents.
Intents are like policies which the consumers are supposed to notice. They
are supposed to originate on the server and reach the consumer through the
discovery service, unless the consumer has been made aware of the intenst it
has to satisfy put-of-band. One can't really create such an intent which
will include the usernames and passwords.

We've discussed this issue few months ago and the idea of templated intents
was mentioned.
That said I do believe we should be open to supporting extensions, ex,
supporting existing CXF constructs for configuring stuff like http proxies,
etc.
Ex, look at the JAXRS RI. It is a true RI but the extensions are important
and thus all JAXRS stacks do provide them...
They do not make the RI less compliant

cheers, Sergey

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Fabio souza <fabio.nogueira.so...@gmail.com