Hi all,

We are facing a particular project with some very specific characteristics:

1. we have to build a data repository that holds documents and their metadata for government forms

2. this metadata has to come from about 15 independent web services of other government departments (s.c. "authentic sources" of information), on-the-fly

Example: when we accept a new document, we have to gather the solicitor's id from service A, his/her current address from service B and so on - for about 13 other services.

Question: if we don't want to depend on the availability of services A, B, and every other one, then how can we do this? I didn't find any push/notification mechanism in the existing services so pub/sub is not an option. Is there some built-in support for caching of request/response message exchanges for the client side in CXF?

We can't use REST since the services in question are all web services, some of them even asynchronous with call-backs for the response.

Thanks for any hints,
Guy