Hello,
I am involved with a project now where we are trying to provide a (JAX-RS) web
services library that allows implementers to write their own classes for
customizing the format of a web service response.

I am trying to do something like the following:

LibraryContainerClass

   --- ContainedUserClass

where the JAX-RS - based webservices library can serialize the contained user
class (i.e. ContainedUserClass) without explicitly knowing its structure.

Not sure whether this would be a CXF-specific (Aegis?) capability, or a more
general xml-tool (Aegis/jaxb/dom) capability but, as an example, is there some
way to have the CXF capability use reflection to derive the structure needed by
JAX-RS to serialize the output?

I tried having an abstract class that the library user's output class must
extend, but it didn't work.

Any response is appreciated (including even perhaps directing me to someone or
something else). Thanks for any reply!