Hi Christophe,

remote-services.xml will not really deactivate discovery, but to
/activate remote discovery/ you need to properly configure it.

Regardless, if I remember it correctly the remote-services.xml based
configuration internally uses the discovery API (through the
org.osgi.service.remoteserviceadmin.EndpointListener) - the
information is just provided from a local source rather than a remote
source.

If you use the single-bundle distro without configuring remote
discovery (as discribed here:
http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-discovery.html) you won't be using remote
discovery.
If you're using the multi-bundle distro you should be able to remove
the distributed discovery bundles if you're not using remote
discovery...

BTW It seems like you're using version 1.1 instead of the latest 1.2
version. I think that AbstractClientHook class has been replaced in
1.2...

Hope this helps,

David