I was reading the specification section on WebParam.Mode.INOUT

/The direction in which the parameter is flowing.
Valid values are:

    WebParam.Mode.IN
    WebParam.Mode.OUT
    WebParam.Mode.INOUT

Default value is WebParam.Mode.IN.
If you specify WebParam.Mode.OUT or WebParam.Mode.INOUT, then the data type
of the parameter must be Holder, or extend Holder. For details, see the
JAX-RPC specification.
WebParam.Mode.OUT and *WebParam.Mode.INOUT modes are only supported for
RPC-style Web Services or for parameters that map to headers.* /

And the question is, can I use WebParam.Mode.INOUT within a Document style
service if it is header parameter?

The reason I ask is that I have a WebParam with header=true and
mode=WebParam.Mode.INOUT and I get an IllegalArgumentException claiming that
my request doesn't match the request parameters.  But when I remove the mode
altogether, the service invocation works.

Thanks for the help...jay