On Apr 5, 2013, at 5:29 AM, Vassilis Virvilis <v.virvi...@biovista.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have updated to cxf-2.7.4 and our internal test suite had hit the 50000
> limit of cxf configuration for the woodstox xml parser. Furthermore woodstox
> in this release is a hard requirement so we can't get rid of it.
>
> So far we have found (after digging in the source) the following system
> property that does the trick
>        System.setProperty("org.apache.cxf.stax.maxChildElements", "100000");
>
> We can live with this client side but not server side since the setting is
> global and affects the whole jvm, other servlets, other endpoints etc
>
> So I have two questions.
>
> 1) Server side: How I can configure the limits from the spring configuration.
> Is it possible to do it per endpoint? per servlet?
> 2) Client side: How I can configure the limits programmatically?

You should be able to set the same property as an endpoint property in the
spring config or a Bus property, etc..

I need to test a bit on the client side.   Ideally, you could just set it on
the client's request context, but since this applies to the response, I'm not
100% sure it would get picked up.   Worst case, you can do
ClientProxy.getClient(proxy).getEndpoint().put("org.ap….", 100000);

That said, this is good information.   We're trying to find a good balance for
defaults that would provide some level of security, but also not affect too
many people.   We might tune some of these settings a bit more.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog