Hi
On 17/04/13 09:15, Raphael Jolivet wrote:
Hi,

I am developping a REST application with Apache CXF.

On server side, I have setup a ParameterHandler in order to parse Dates with
a custom format.
What is the counterpart on client side in order to serialize a parameter ?

Up until CXF 2.7.x the only way is to ensure that a custom type's toString() method returns the right representation of this parameter,

Starting from CXF 2.7.3 one can use ParameterConverterProvider and ParameterConverter pair on the client side too, ParameterConverterProvider implementation is registered as a provider and returns instances of ParameterConverter:

http://jax-rs-spec.java.net/nonav/2.0-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/javax/ws/rs/ext/ParamConverterProvider.html
http://jax-rs-spec.java.net/nonav/2.0-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/javax/ws/rs/ext/ParamConverter.html

HTH, Sergey

Thanks