I am planning to implement a set of services based on CXF.
What I know is when the function (i.e., method) is invoked at a server side,
the response message is sent to the client immediately after the function
returns.

Unlike this, I need to use asynchronous method dispatch (see below) at a
intermediate dispatcher.
client -> intermediate dispatcher -> actual server
client <- intermediate dispatcher <- actual server
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_method_dispatch
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_method_dispatch>

That is, I want to know whether there is a way of sending the response later
but not immediately after the function returns.

Thank you in advance.