> Once you get to 2.7.5, you should be able to grab the principal and such from
> the context.   I think that is fine, but Colm would definitely need to weigh
> in
> on this. (although it's a public holiday in Ireland today)

Yep, the code looks like:

        SecurityContext sc = message.get(SecurityContext.class);
        Principal user = sc.getUserPrincipal();

        if (!(user instanceof SAMLTokenPrincipal)) {
        // other type of token: error
        }
        SAMLTokenPrincipal saml = ((SAMLTokenPrincipal) user).getToken();
        List<org.opensaml.saml2.core.Statement> statements =
saml.getSaml2().getStatements();
        for (Statement s : statements) {
        // Loop through the attribute statements
        }

Regards,
Andrei.