Hi,
I use the jax-ws Provider mechanism to implement a service provider:
@WebServiceProvider
@ServiceMode(value = Service.Mode.MESSAGE)
public class SOAPProvider implements Provider<StreamSource>

If WS-Addressing is enabled and I receive a message with a ReplyTo address,
then the server will automatically send back an immediate HTTP 202 to the
request.  When I finish computing a reply message and return it in a
StreamSource (in this case), then CXF automatically makes a new HTTP request to
the ReplyTo address and sends the reply there.  This is the normal (and
expected) asynchronous processing flow.

It works, but it's not practical for a service that needs to reliably send
reply messages to requests that it received.  Suppose the service even
processed the request for a minute- it's quite likely that a service will be
interrupted by a server restart or something.  The caller will never get their
callback.  Worse, what if the transactions run for days?  And there are lots of
them?  This mechanism works for testing but is not production quality for
anything that needs reliable responses.

Is there a mechanism I'm missing for storing these transactions to a database
or something, and putting the response processing in a separate thread as well?
 Some way to make asynchronous transactions reliable?

Thanks,
Jesse