I am using a CXF 2.7 and try a very simple REST call with this and return
the SocketTimeoutException, but I am able to use Chrome to see the results
with " http://api.ean.com/ean-services/rs/hotel/v3/ping";.
What's the problem?

WebClient client =
WebClient.create("http://api.ean.com/ean-services/rs/hotel/v3/";);
client.path("ping");
client.type("text/xml").accept("text/xml");
System.out.println(client.get(String.class));

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: SocketTimeoutException invoking
http://api.ean.com/ean-services/rs/hotel/v3/ping: Read Timeout
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:57)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.mapException(H
TTPConduit.java:1359)