My apologies if this is the wrong place for this question, as it's not strictly
a CXF issue, but I'm hoping someone might be able to kick me in the right
direction ...

In my architecture, the STS I am building will need to check certificate
revocation against one of a set of OCSP responders. Revocation checking works
well using the standard Java configuration, that is not an issue. What is an
issue though is that we are using a hierarchical OCSP architecture, with
multiple OCSP signers, each with their own certificate. So when checking the
status of a cert against a responder, depending on the health of everything in
the system, the revocation response could be signed with any one of those OCSP
signing certs.

With a single signing cert, I can add that cert to the CXF STS's truststore,
and revocation checking works perfectly. I had thought that if I added
additional signing certs to the trust store, Java would just match the cert in
the OCSP response against any of the certs in the truststore, but instead it
looks like Java just gets confused and randomly picks one to match against - it
may not be random, but it's not consistent as I'll sometimes get "Unable to
verify OCSP Responder's signature" errors kicked out, and sometimes get the
proper status.

Again, my apologies if this question is misdirected. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Stephen W. Chappell