I'm having the same issue as Aaron, if anyone can give a few pointers. My
ultimate goal is to create an audit log as described at
http://owulff.blogspot.ch/2013/05/logging-in-apache-cxf-sts-enhanced.html. I've
done the following (running CXF 2.7.12-SNAPSHOT on Tomcat 7.0.52):

1. Added a bunch of dependencies to my pom.xml file (log4j-api, log4j-core,
log4j-1.2-api). The pom.xml file also includes dependencies on slf4j-log4j12
and slf4j-jdk14.

2. Added the file WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/cxf/org.apache.cxf.Logger

3. Added the file WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties, configured pretty much as
shown on the website above.

4. Added this bean definition (different than the article states, it looks like
there was some refactoring in 2.7.8 that changed things a bit):
    <bean id="loggerListener"
class="org.apache.cxf.sts.event.map.MapEventLogger" />

Everything still looks like it's going to catalina.out, and there aren't any
additional files being created - I'd have expected the tomcat/logs/audit.log
file to be created, at least.

Does anyone have any ideas that can help out?

Thanx,

Stephen W. Chappell