Hi Jason,
yes, this sounds pretty much the same and I'll give it a try today. This
difference between the code you pointed to and my code is the phase the
interceptor is bound to.

Thinking of what happens and who is involved and who is responsible for what
- I'm not longer sure that the way I try to catch the exception is correct.
Isn't CXF done at the time the exception occurs?

The bean implementing the service is done. The response is on it's way back
to the client and the outInterceptors are called as defined. Nothing fails.
Because the CXF runs in SMX together with Camel I guess Camel is responsible
for routing the response to the client and I have to catch it within Camel
and not CXF?

I'll try the different phases and check Camel to verify my thoughts. Thanks
for answering !!

Best regards,
harald