Hi,

I assume that you use http protocol in jaxws client.
CXF HTTPClientConduit  implementation is based on java.net HttpURLConnection
(HttpsUrlConnection).
I would recommend to start with default settings and then experiment with
parameters in HTTPClientPolicy or/and JVM options http.keepAlive,
http.maxConnections:
        HTTPClientPolicy policy = new HTTPClientPolicy();
        policy.setReceiveTimeout(100);
        policy.setConnection(ConnectionType.KEEP_ALIVE);
        (BindingProvider) proxy).put(HTTPClientPolicy.class.getName(), policy);

Btw there are some performance numbers and settings in my blog:
http://ashakirin.blogspot.de/2012/09/cxf-performance-on-sun-solaris-platform.html

Regards,
Andrei.