Hi John,

this would not be a good idea ;-)

You will need the transport endpoint for the IDP to issue SAML tokens based on
the cached SAML token at the IDP. The IDP needs to cache a SAML token for the
user, because otherwise you could not provide single sign on and the user would
have to enter his password each time.

The applicationContext.xml includes a file.xml by default and you also find
samples for Kerberos and LDAP. That is the kind of file you need to provide for
your use case. Take a look at the ldap.xml to find a JAAS Example for the
UTTransport of the STS.

Kind regards
Jan

Jan Bernhardt, M.Sc.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTANT
jbernha...@talend.com | www.talend.com
Talend Germany GmbH | Servatiusstrasse 53 - 53175 Bonn - Germany