Hi
Might be some confusion on my part.

The debugging is easy:
- download DOSGI 1.6 source
- before starting Karaf do something like this:

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"

- start Karaf - it will be suspended
- in your Eclipse create a new Remote Debugging session on port 5005, and set a breakpoint in HttpServiceManager

HTH, Sergey