Hi,
jaxrs:server can have features or native CXF interceptors registered within jaxrs:features and jaxrs:inInterceptors (or jaxrs:outInterceptors), so that demo should work the same way with JAXRS servers it works with JAXWS. Unfortunately I haven't experimented much myself yet, though as I said one thing we noticed that supporting optionally returning 503 instead of suspending the overflowing client requests will be needed - that should be not be difficult to do.

Cheers, Sergey