Hi Christian,

Why can't the existing/original loggers be modified instead of starting a migration effort from one package to another package ?

What are the side-effects you are referring too ? Having a default constructor is needed for sure - one can just to default to whatever is required. What else ?

3.2.0 is a new major master branch. IMHO we need to merge the new/'ext' feature/interceptors into the existing feature/interceptor and document what the migration effort might be instead of asking the users to do even bigger migration (+ new package)

Funny I was just having this discussion re the live logging arguing how it is important to avoid introducing LiveLoggingFeature & Live logging interceptors to avoid the duplication not knowing myself we already have two sets of Logging interceptors/features :-)

Sergey
Initially I planned to remove the old logging support completely but the
effects on existing users were to big.
So I kept both for now but on the long run we should remove the old
logging support.

As the new logging is in a separate module I was not able to change the
old logging to use the new interceptors.
So I opted to rather keep them totally separate from each other. We
could mark the old logging classes as deprecated though and point users
to the new logging module.

Christian