Hmm .. that is a good point. For some of the intents it makes sense to publish them to the discovery so the client also requires them but for some it makes no sense. I will address this on the osgi dev list as I am not sure how to do this inside the current standard.

In any case what you can already do is implement an intent differently on the client and server side. So it is the same name but does different things.

Christian