On 03/10/2017 01:18 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> It looks like it is a Netty specific issue, I just checked there was a
> fix provided only 9 days ago,
>
> https://github.com/netty/netty/pull/6474.
>
> We will likely need to update to newer Netty 4.1.x later on.
>
> It is hard to know though if that PR will address this specific issue
> but hopefully yes,

That what I was thinking as well. However the bug report that is linked
to indicates that the fix is only for cases where a HttpObjectAggregator
is not used.

https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/5180

However NettyHttpServletPipelineFactory seems to use a HttpObjectAggregator

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/rt/transports/http-netty/netty-server/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/http/netty/server/NettyHttpServletPipelineFactory.java

According to following (incorrect) bug report, a similar problem was
reported and the fix was to place HttpResponseEncoder before
HttpObjectAggregator in the pipeline

"The HttpResponseEncoder must be before the HttpObjectAggregator . This
is also explained in the HttpObjectAggregator javadocs."

https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/2606

Looking at the source for NettyHttpServletPipelineFactory, is looks like
HttpResponseEncoder is placed after HttpObjectAggregator.

Could this be the reason why "Expect: 100-continue" support fails?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

https://www.ciphermail.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail