I’m attempting to resolve an issue where the cxf-codegen-plugin is generating
code that has annotations on emums like this:

@XmlSchemaType(name = "string")

    protected DeploymentType type;

I found that bug986 xjc extension might fix the problem, but after following
the instructions here:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/maven-cxf-codegen-plugin-wsdl-to-java.html

I have had no luck in getting it to work.

I have the cxf-codegen-plugin setup like this:
<plugin>
                           <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                           <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
                           <version>${apache-cxf.version}</version>
                           <executions>
                                  <execution>
                                         <id>generate-sources</id>
                                         <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                                         <configuration>

<sourceRoot>${project.build.directory}/generated/cxf</sourceRoot>
                                                <wsdlOptions>
                                                       <wsdlOption>

<wsdl>${basedir}/src/main/config/my.wsdl</wsdl>
                                                              <extraargs>

<extraarg>-xjc-Xbug986</extraarg>
                                                              </extraargs>
                                                       </wsdlOption>
                                                </wsdlOptions>
                                         </configuration>
                                         <goals>
                                                <goal>wsdl2java</goal>
                                         </goals>
                                  </execution>
                           </executions>
                           <dependencies>
                                  <dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.cxf.xjcplugins</groupId>
                                         <artifactId>cxf-xjc-bug986</artifactId>
                                         <version>${cxf-xjc.version}</version>
                                  </dependency>
                           </dependencies>
                     </plugin>

I also have add the runtime dependency to the project:
<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.cxf.xjcplugins</groupId>
                                         <artifactId>cxf-xjc-bug986</artifactId>
                                         <version>${cxf-xjc.version}</version>
                                  </dependency>

Any ideas?