Hi Felipe,

I'm not a TomEE guy - or even much of a JAX-WS guy, so take my advice with
a grain of salt...

I have seen problems like that in WebSphere and OpenLiberty - and that
usually happens when the application archive(s) package the same jars as
the runtime.  For example, I know that TomEE packages some CXF modules (as
WebSphere and Liberty does) - and so if a user packaged those same CXF
module jars in their application, then it is likely that they would see
these ClassCastExceptions since the classes are loaded from different class
loaders.

I would start by checking your application archives (WARs/EARs/etc.) to see
if it packages CXF.  If so, you may need to use the <scope>provided<scope>
line in your pom.xml to avoid pulling in CXF jars.  Then you would use the
CXF modules that are provided by TomEE - and there should no longer be any
conflict.

Hope this helps,

Andy