On 05/05/2017 08:15 AM, Stefan Düring wrote:
> Thanks Emmanuel, I installed the snapshot and the first try was like
> expected:
>
> I just have to enter the master password and don't have to
> re-authenticate with an user password again.

Just another warning that the snapshot is not an official release, and
especially currently the Studio snapshot uses ApacheDS and LDAP API
snapshots, so it's rather unpredictable which code your run.

> Am 04.05.2017 um 18:04 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny:
>>
>> Le 04/05/2017 à 16:20, Black, Douglas a écrit :
>>> I use Directory Studio to authenticate to an eDirectory (v8.8) tree
>>> and an Active Directory (2008R2) domain forest.
>>>
>>> 1. I create a new LDAP connection, providing my user name and
>>> password.  I check the 'save password' box.
>>> 2. Under Window > Preferences > Apache Directory Studio > Connections
>>> provide a master password (different from my authentication
>>> passwords) when prompted.
>>>
>>> With the previous version of Directory Studio, I had to provide the
>>> keystore password the first time I tried to open an LDAP connection,
>>> but after that I was never prompted again.  With this version, even
>>> though I am using the password keystore, I am prompted to
>>> re-authenticate, as I said, every few minutes.  This happens both
>>> with eDirectory and Active Directory.
>> I think it's already fixed, see
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1130. This will be
>> available in M13.
>>
>> Stefan, can you confirm ?

I guess you meant me? Yes it is fixed. I'll send another mail about
release plans...

Kind Regards,
Stefan