Hi,

the TelephoneNumber syntax is defined by ITU recommendation E.123, which is translated into a regexp internally:

^ *[+]? *((\([0-9- ,;/#*]+\))|[0-9- ,;/#*]+)+$

- may start with any numbe rof spaces
- have a '+' at the beginning
- may have ( )
- any chars in "0-9 - ,;/#*" are accepted inside '(' ')'
- any chars in "0-9 - ,;/#*" are accepted outsides '(' ')'

Accordingly to this syntx, the following numbers get rejected:

o 925.543.7760 : '.' is not accepted
o (+91)8106912289:  the '+' should be outside the '(' ')'
o 215-943-4000 ext7073: "ext" is not valid

A few more things:

o '+' is for international number. There is no reason to have this char with a '(' ')', as parentheses are for optional numbers o 'Dialable symbols' are expected to be dialled on a pretty limited keyboard, this is the reason why such things as 'ext' are not accepted

I understand this is pretty limited, and carry no additional context that would worth having (for instance the ext7073 which carries inmportant information for the user), but in this case, I would suggest you use another AttributeType which accept more chars, which means you have to define your own AttributeType with a wider Syntax (as DirectoryString).

Side note: we have added a way to change the regexp in this AttributeType, but it's not leveraged by the server.