Hello all,

Looking at the api help for rte_eth_dev_set_link_up, it seems it is not required to call this function after rte_eth_dev_start. I see this confirmed in the fact that even not all pmds implement this function (e.g. virtio) and that some pmds call the link_up function in their start function.

However I am a bit confused by this example code:

https://doc.dpdk.org/api/examples_2ip_pipeline_2link_8c-example.html#a20

in which there is a call to rte_eth_dev_set_link_up after the start.

In what cases is it needed to call rte_eth_dev_set_link_up right after rte_eth_dev_set_link_up?

Thanks

John