Le 02/03/2021 à 11:26, John Alexander a écrit :
The reclaim cycle works fine when I'm continually sending, when I pause or stop
sending, I never get my mbufs back so I'm wondering what the preferred way of
achieving this is?

This is not something you want as most drivers reclaim buffers in batches for performance reasons. If you want to ensure a buffer is reclaimed right away you would need to do some garbage collection. Most NICs do not even ring a doorbell/update completion flags for every transmitted packets, so you would not know when they're sent exactly right away.

If it's lazy re-claim, I guess it's not a problem?