On 10/26/21 12:08 AM, liaobiting wrote:
Hi: Please help to see this DPDK problem. And I want to know whether i40e vf support promisc or not. Thanks a lot. From: liaobiting <liaobit...@huawei.com> Subject: Please help to see this DPDK problem//Reply: DPDK 20.11 - i40evf: No ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hi:

    Please help to see this DPDK problem. And I want to know whether i40e vf support promisc or not. Thanks a lot.

According to the README at https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28381/eng/readme.txt you need to enable a VF as trusted for promiscuous mode. Looks like this:

# ip link set dev eth0 vf 1 trust [on|off]

Did you enable the VF as trusted before assigning the NIC to the OVS switch?

Dave