Hi Guys,

Using Dpdk verion : 18.11

Could you please help me figure out why  get link status still reports
interface as UP even though the link is Down.

Intel card:

06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 15e4 (rev 11) - X553
06:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 15e4 (rev 11) - X553
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 15e5 (rev 11) - X553

Problem: Even after bringing DOWN the port, get link status still reports
interface UP.

My investigation:

1. in ixgbe/base/ixgbe_type.h  i see these being defined. Not sure why its
defined under  this following comment /* Placeholder value, pending
official value. */

#define IXGBE_DEV_ID_X550EM_A_1G_T              0x15E4
#define IXGBE_DEV_ID_X550EM_A_1G_T_L            0x15E5

>From this detail i can conclude we have support for above nics.

2.
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides-18.11/nics/ixgbe.html#supported-chipsets-and-nics
- This link has supported nics and these above nics are not listed under
this.

3. After putting some debug statement in ixgbe driver  the problem seem to
be in  base/ixgbe_common.c(ixgbe_check_mac_link_generic() function)

        links_orig = IXGBE_READ_REG(hw, IXGBE_LINKS);
       links_reg = IXGBE_READ_REG(hw, IXGBE_LINKS);
       if (links_orig != links_reg) {

4. I suspect on the resister value used to identify the link status is
messing up.

Could you please provide your input.

Thank you so much for your time.