Hi Gwyneth,

On Wednesday 2016-12-28 15:00, Gwyneth Allwright wrote:

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 15:00:10
From: Gwyneth Allwright <allgwy...@myuct.ac.za>
To: Peter Diener <die...@cct.lsu.edu>
Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org
Subject: Re: [Users] McLachlan Shift Condition

Hi Peter,
Thanks so much! I asked because I'd like to try running simulations with the
modified shift condition described in this paper (second
page): https://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0511103

Some terms that feature in the usual gamma driver equations are dropped, and
the lapse appears in the time derivative of beta. Would I have to make
changes to the Kranc code in order to implement such a condition?

There is presently no parameter choice that would implement that particular version of the gamma driver shift in McLachlan. So, yes modifying the code would be the only option. It should be straightforward to modify the Kranc script and then regenerate the code
(if you have a Mathematica license).

The Kranc script can be found in:

Cactus/repos/mclachlan/m/McLachlan_BSSN.m

You'll have to modify the relevant part (i.e. the rules for dot[beta[ua]]
and dot[B[ua]]) of the calculation EverythingFromBSSNCalc.

It's probably easier for you to simply replace those complicated rules
by your version for testing instead of adding options to add it to the
existing shift.

If it turns out to be useful for you, we can then later think about how
to add it to McLachlan permanently.

Best,

Gwyneth

Cheers,