Dear whom it may concern,

I simulated the binary neutron star merger as in gallery
code(https://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html). I tried to find out
the mass of the merged neutron star. For test, I calculated the initial mass of
each neutron star  from the file rho.xy.h5 which is the rest mass density. What
I computed is about 0.9 solar mass , however it supposed to be much larger
because the baryonic mass of the initial data of each neutron star is about
1.45 solar mass. I also calculated magnetic energy which corresponds to about
1e-6 solar mass  which is not a possible reason of the discrepancy. I also
considered velocity which may increase mass due to the relativity but the
maximum of the initial velocity is only about 0.1c which also does not raise
the mass too much. What is the possible reason that the total rest mass is so
much smaller than the baryonic mass ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Chia-Hui