Bruno and Samuel,   thanks for all the references...lots to absorb, as expected:)

bill e.g.

On 8/1/23 10:18, Bruno Giacomazzo wrote:
Hi Bill,

    o Are there good reviews, references, or lectures that describe
    how we
    currently handle fluids?  For the different models?

There are introductory lectures typically given at the Einstein Toolkit Schools and Workshops in the EU and USA. Some of these should have been recorded. You may try to have a loot at the ETK YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@einsteintoolkit/videos

    o I gather we have several models/codes: GRHydro and
    IllinoisGRMHD, so
    resources on those would be much appreciated.

GRHydro paper: https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2014CQGra..31a5005M/abstract IllinoisGRMHD paper: https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2015CQGra..32q5009E/abstract and https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2023PhRvD.107d4037W/abstract

    o And initial data readers exist for the LORENE (1 and 2?) and for
    the
    FUKA data...resources there might be helpful too.

FUKA: https://bitbucket.org/fukaws/fuka/src/fuka/ (see references there)

There are also a couple of reviews on Living Reviews that describe the methods that are also used in the Einstein Toolkit hydro codes:
special relativity: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/lrca-2015-3
general relativity: https://link.springer.com/article/10.12942/lrr-2008-7

Cheers,
Bruno