Stuart McCulloch wrote:
2008/10/4 Marina Vatkina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm observing a different behavior of the felix plugin between maven 2.0.7
and 2.0.9 in generating manifest file entries when embedding dependency from
one jar into another. The contents of the jar stays the same.

With maven 2.0.7 the following configuration correctly adds
javax.xml.rpc.handler to the Export-Package entry in the manifest file,
while with 2.0.9 the package is missing:

if it works with 2.0.7 but not with 2.0.9 (and everything else is exactly
the same)
then that suggests something has changed in the Maven dependency algorithm.
it could be a regression in Maven - but I'd need to investigate further to
be sure...

FYI, the complete set of changes in Maven 2.0.9 is available here:

   http://maven.apache.org/release-notes.html

I can't find anything that can seem realted to my problem.

and there are several updates and patches to the Maven dependency mechanism.

have you tried enabling debug trace with "mvn -X ..." and comparing the 2
traces?
(this might then show if the dependency graph changes between 2.0.7 and
2.0.9)

I do have such outputs and they do not differ in the section that relates to the felix plugin. Are there any other sections that I can look at?

thanks,
-marina

           <plugin>

              <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
              <configuration>
                  <instructions>
                      <Embed-Dependency>

javax.xml.rpc;inline=javax/xml/rpc/handler/*.class
                      </Embed-Dependency>
                      <Export-Package>
                          ${extension.name}.*; version=${spec.version},
                          javax.interceptor.*; version=${spec.version},
                          javax.xml.rpc.handler;
version=${javax.xml.rpc.version}
                      </Export-Package>
                      <Private-Package>!*</Private-Package>
                  </instructions>
                  <unpackBundle>true</unpackBundle>
              </configuration>
              <executions>
                  <execution>
                      <id>osgi-bundle</id>
                      <phase>package</phase>
                      <goals>
                          <goal>bundle</goal>
                      </goals>
                  </execution>
              </executions>
          </plugin>

I need to add classes only from that particular package, and not its
subpackage.

Regards,
-marina