We don't have such a restriction I don't think. You should be able to
unjar the felix.jar and still run it. You might have to set the
felix.config.properties property to a felix configuration file:

java -Dfelix.config.properties=<URL-to-conf/config.properties> -cp
<path to exploded felix.jar> org.apache.felix.main.Main

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls