>From time to time I get the following exception when using Apache Felix SCR. I
>am not yet sure if this is a problem of SCR or a framework bug. For me it
>looks like a framework bug caused by the hashCode() function of
>org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceReferenceImpl respectively
>org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl. These functions throw a
>IllegalStateException when the ServiceRegistration is not valid anymore. As to
>my understanding hashCode() should never throw an exception and always return
>the same integer value for the same object instance. If this contract is
>violated classes like HashMap will not work correctly, possibly introducing
>memory leaks if the Map (Set or whatever) entries are not removed due to
>changing hash codes or thrown exceptions.

java.lang.IllegalStateException The service registration is no longer valid.
    org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl getReference
ServiceRegistrationImpl.java 88
    org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceReferenceImpl hashCode
ServiceReferenceImpl.java 87
    java.util.HashMap removeEntryForKey HashMap.java 548
    java.util.HashMap remove HashMap.java 538
    java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap remove Collections.java 1982
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.DependencyManagerun getService
DependencyManager.java 578
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.DependencyManager close DependencyManager.java 374
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractComponentManager disableInternal
AbstractComponentManager.java 589
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractComponentManager disposeInternal
AbstractComponentManager.java 616
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractComponentManager dispose
AbstractComponentManager.java 272
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ImmediateComponentManager dispose
ImmediateComponentManager.java 120
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator dispose
BundleComponentActivator.java 261
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator disposeComponents Activator.java 264
    org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator bundleChanged Activator.java 177
    org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher
invokeBundleListenerCallback EventDispatcher.java 745
    org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher fireEventImmediately
EventDispatcher.java 674
    org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher fireBundleEvent
EventDispatcher.java 587
    org.apache.felix.framework.Felix fireBundleEvent Felix.java 3629
    org.apache.felix.framework.Felix _stopBundle Felix.java 2076
    org.apache.felix.framework.Felix stopBundle Felix.java 2034
    org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl stop BundleImpl.java 418
    org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl stop BundleImpl.java 405
    org.apache.felix.shell.impl.StopCommandImpl execute StopCommandImpl.java 70
    org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator$ShellServiceImpl executeCommand
Activator.java 276
    org.apache.felix.shell.remote.Shell run Shell.java 109
    java.lang.Thread run Thread.java 619

Please tell me if I am wrong else I will open a JIRA issue for this problem.

Kind regards
- Alex