On 3/24/09 1:12 PM, Dan J Hrivnak wrote:
I'm using Felix embedded in my application, so my OSGi bundles should not have access to classes on the standard classpath (unless I use boot delegation or extender bundles) right? The reason I ask is that in the app, I'm using library Blah version 2.4. I then load an OSGi bundle that contains library Blah 2.8 (and exports a package I want as version 2.8 explicitly). Finally, I load an OSGi bundle that imports that package (explicitly requiring version 2.8 or greater). When I print the version information for that library, it comes out as version 2.4. How is this possible? When Felix is embedded, it isn't automatically providing every class it can see in its classloader tree to the OSGi world, is it?

No, it doesn't. You original understanding is correct. Something else must be going on.

I am not sure how you are printing the version information for that library, but this sounds like a misconfiguration or some issue with your library.

-> richard

Thanks,
Dan