Hi,

Stéphane Jeanjean schrieb:
Hello,

My application uses OBR through the API. I would like to know if there is a way to know if the bundle installation fails.

Resolver.deploy() method is called after checking resolution as described in documentation.

If an error occurs, for instance a network issue, there is no exception (only an error log). Someone has an idea to know if the installation is done successfully or not, please ?

AFAICT the bundle repository code provides no direct indication of whether actual installation failed or not.

You might of course scan the installed bundles (BundleContext.getBundles()) for the bundle you tried to deploy.

Bonus question : is anywhere a javadoc of OSGi standard services ? I can find only core javadoc here : http://www.osgi.org/Release4/Javadoc

I would say, that the official JavaDoc etc. is contained in the Specification. In addition, the downloadable core and compendium JAR files contain the source which contains JavaDoc, too.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix

Thanks,