Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place or this issue has already been raised and I have missed it.

We use SCR annotations (1.2.0) and the SCR Maven Plug-in (1.4.2) to generate DS 1.1 component descriptors. All works well except for one issue - we cannot find a way to control the order of <reference/> elements in the generated descriptor through the @Reference annotation. A cursory glance suggests that <reference/> elements generated by the plug-in are not ordered in any way.

As I understand it the order of binding is significant. From the 4.2 Compendium spec....

*112.5.7 Binding Services*

"When binding services, the references are processed in the order in which
they are specified in the component description. That is, target services from
the first specified reference are bound before services from the next specified
reference."

We can work around this by manually creating descriptors but this is sub-optimal for obvious reasons.

Do we understand *112.5.7* correctly ? If so have we missed the way to control reference ordering with the SCR Maven Plugin ? I can write this up in more detail and provide a simple example if required.

rgds,

Steve F.

Stephen Flynn

Director, JF Technology (UK) Ltd