Hi,

On 02.06.2010 13:58, Norbert Somlai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know how to use FileInstall or the Web Console to reconfigure a component.
> What I could not find is a way to declaratively configure a component
> instance in component.xml, so I could keep the reference and the
> configuration at the same place. Something like
>
> <reference interface="com.acme.IInterface" bind="setInterface"
> unbind="unsetInterface" policy="dynamic" cardinality="1..1" >
>
>    <property name="param1" value="value1"/>
> </reference>
>
> and the ComponentContext on activation would contain this property so the
> new instance could initialize itself with it.
>
> Is there a way to achieve something like this with DS or DS+CM?

I think there is a misconception here:

The reference element is used to declare that the component uses a
service from the service registry. The attributes define further
requirements, e.g. the target property can be used to select the actual
services.

The property element is used to configure the component itself.

The configuration of the referenced service, which I assume is what you
are referring to, is not the task of the component. That service must
care for its configuration itself.

Regards
Felix